Student: Central Services Customer Service Assistant
Augsburg University is committed to helping our students explore their vocation. As a University with a calling, we welcome the unique gifts that each of our employees brings to our collective work, and we are committed to supporting our students as they seek to match those gifts with the needs of the University and our larger community.
Student employment with Augsburg is more than a job - it is an opportunity for Augsburg students to gain meaningful work experience in a supportive setting that promotes professional growth, personal accountability, teamwork and collaboration and quality work that lives up to our mission of educating students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders.
Central Services manages Augsburg's shipping, receiving, mailing services, and the copy center. seeking to hire part-time student customer service assistants. Training will be provided.
We are currently seeking a few enthusiastic and dependable part-time student customer service assistants to work two specific shifts each day, Monday through Friday. First shift: 10am - 1pm, and second shift: 12pm - 3pm.
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
Duties will include:
- Handling package pickup and drop-off in Shipping and Receiving for Augsburg community members
- Checking packages in and out of Q-Track system, sometimes checking IDs for those picking up
- Assisting with shipping and mailing customer requests, operating the cash register
- Receiving incoming packages from vendors (FedEx, UPS, USPS, and Amazon)
- Packing and preparing outgoing packages
- Metering and sealing envelopes, sending international, priority mail parcels
- Delivering packages around campus in the afternoons
- Organizing and cleaning workspace
- Stocking and maintaining supplies for shipping, mailing, and the Copy Center
- Answering phone calls
- Lifting and moving packages, operating a pallet jack and cart for deliveries
- Using a desktop computer to assist customers and Central Services team
Ideal candidates will:
- possess an attention to detail and ability to follow-through on tasks
- bring a positive attitude to work
- have excellent organizational and communication skills
- possess a willingness to learn systems and processes
- solve problems, and ask for help when needed to assist customers
- be dependable and reliable, and arrive on time when scheduled to work
- Students must be currently enrolled at Augsburg, and must be workstudy-eligible. (If you have questions about your workstudy eligibility, please consult your financial aid award, or contact Student Financial Services: email@example.com)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and operate a cart and pallet jack
Augsburg University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact the Human Resources department by phone at 612.330.1058 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Human Resources is located at 19 Memorial Hall.
All student applicants must attach the following for consideration:
- Resume (required).
- Cover Letter (optional, but strongly encouraged)